Toronto is hot to trot this week! Time to bust out the breezy dresses and strappy sandals that live in the back of your closet most of the year. I wore a multicoloured tunic, purchased one size larger so it could pass as a dress. Sneaky little styling trick and so light in this sticky weather.
It’s a pretty quiet week for fashion happenings, unless you scored a sweet spot for Fresh Collective’s Timeless Style event tonight. Regret missing out? Sign up for the next one at their Queen Street location on July 31st. Link is below.
In the meantime, why not check out one of the ongoing exhibits at the Textile or Bata Shoe Museums, or sign up for a fall fashion class at George Brown College. They offer a ton of fashion courses and certificates! I’ve listed a few of the introductory level classes in the Upcoming section.
- event: Timeless Style, Fresh Collective boutiques, Roncesvalles location: July 22, 7-9pm, Queen Street location: July 31, 7-9pm
- contest: Fashion Magazine’s 12 Days of Summer Giveaways, July 10-July 25
- exhibition: Fashioning the Intangible: the conceptual clothing of Ying Gao, Textile Museum, May 7, 2014 – September 1, 2014
- exhibition: To See & Be Seen: T-Shirts from the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives, Textile Museum, June 20, 2014 – September 1, 2014
- exhibition: Fashion Victims: The Pleasure and Perils of Dress in the 19th Century, Bata Shoe Museum, June 18, 2014 – June 30, 2016
- event: Leslieville Flea, Harbourfront Centre (235 Queen’s Quay West), August 3, 10am-5pm
- class: Basic Sewing, George Brown College, August 5 – 21, 9am-3:30pm
- event: TOM*Toronto Men’s Fashion Week, Evergreen Brickworks, August 12-14
- event: Leslieville Flea, Ashbridge Estate (1444 Queen Street East), August 17, 10am-5pm
- event: Inland: A Fashion Marketplace for Men + Women, 99 Sudbury Road, September 6 11am-6pm and September 7 11am-5pm
- class: Introduction to the Fashion Industry, George Brown College, September 15 – November 24, 6:30-9:30pm
- exhibition: Politics of Fashion/Fashion of Politics (guest curated by Jeanne Beker), Design Exchange, September 18, 2014 – January 25, 2015
- class: Evolution of Fashion, George Brown College, September 18 – November 20, 6:30-8:30pm
- lecture: 55 Years of Volunteering at the ROM (featuring Patricia Harris, founding member of the Friends of Textiles & Costume), Royal Ontario Museum, September 19, 5-6pm
- lecture: Metamorphosis – Transformations of Fashion, Royal Ontario Museum, September 23, 7-8:30pm
- workshop: Mastering Your Style, George Brown College, October 18 – October 25, 10am-4:30pm
- event: World MasterCard Fashion Week Toronto, David Pecaut Square, October 20-24
- lecture: Currelly’s Cloth and Other Strange Stories, Royal Ontario Museum, October 24, 5-6pm
- event: reDesign 2014 Collection Launch & Party, KnollTextiles showroom, 100 Atlantic Avenue suite 200, November 4, 6:30-9pm