Sunday was my first ever visit to the Leslieville Flea. The Flea runs twice a month throughout the summer and early fall, alternating between two sites. This one was at Harbourfront Centre, right in front of Power Plant. It’s a fun place to browse vintage, salvaged, up-cycled goods, furniture, antiques, collectibles and, of course, fashion!
There were many treasures to discover! Here are a few of my picks, in no particular order.
- Paracita: Paracita is a collaboration between two artists who make gorgeous clothing using a Japanese tie-dying technique called shibori. I especially loved the shape of the trapeze tops with the rounded open backs. I would wear their stuff in a snap. They are officially on my radar and wish list!
- Casa Lovina: Angelique of Casa Lovina had the globe-trotting bohemian look down with her selection of clothing and accessories. I was eyeing a teal hamsa print top and a white slit back trapeze top. Also, check out the Aztec Bib necklace!
- snkrbox: I’m no sneakerhead (although I love my Converse!) but the colourful kicks of snkrbox caught my eye. Jason Burke is the Trend Director of snkrbox which is an online shop and blog. His blog is worth a browse. The man’s got style!
- Revolucion Jewelry: If you like your jewelry big, bright, and bold, Revolucion Jewelry is right up your alley! Abby Eugenio has got a great eye for picking pieces and displayed her wares beautifully, with an inspiration board display and mexican skulls. One of her biggest inspirations is Frida Kahlo.
- PRINTVINTAGE: A popular vintage clothing shop on College and Ossington, PRINTVINTAGE brought two racks of gorgeous clothes to the Flea and shared a space with snrkbox. They also have a great Etsy shop. I’m digging their LOVE ring based on Robert Indiana’s famous image and sculpture.
- Muizee: And finally, Muizee offers some adorable and affordable jewelry from different designers. Being a fan of bold jewelry, I zeroed in on the colourful geometric triangle necklace. For those who prefer more delicate pieces, there was no lack of dainty charms in the shape of wishbones, origami cranes, and storm clouds.
The next Leslieville Flea is on Sunday, August 17 at the Ashbridge Estate. Check out more photos below from this Flea one and get inspired for your next fashion treasure hunt!