I normally love BlogTO but their recent street style post left me a bit cold. And no one needs to be any colder in this polar vortex! Titled “The top 20 street style looks in Toronto from 2014,” it featured their top photos from their ongoing street style feature. Almost everyone, especially the women, looked the same. Sure, their outfits were cute but there was nothing spectacular, nothing that made me go “Oh wow, where did she get that?!” Luckily, the men had a bit more personality and variety. I’m looking at you, #16 Jim! You rock the polka dot shirt, patterned belt and Birks!
Toronto, I know you have way more style and diversity! Check out Nelia Belkova at Style Blog or Kaylee Giffin of The Blondielocks. And of course, there’s yours truly. Who are your top Toronto style stars?
- market: Bellwoods Flea, 831 Dundas St West, January 17, 11am-6pm
- exhibition: Fashion Follows Form: Designs for Sitting, Royal Ontario Museum, June 21, 2014 – January 25, 2015
- exhibition: Politics of Fashion/Fashion of Politics, Design Exchange, September 18, 2014 – January 25, 2015
- film: Advanced Style, Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, till February 18
- exhibition: Fashion Victims: The Pleasure and Perils of Dress in the 19th Century, Bata Shoe Museum, June 18, 2014 – June 30, 2016
- opening: Opening Reception: Winter Exhibitions, Ryerson Image Centre, January 21, 6-8pm
- exhibition: Burn With Desire: Photography and Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, January 21-April 5, 2015
- exhibition: Good Beginnings: Children’s Hats and Clothing from China, Textile Museum, February 11 – May 24, 2015