Do you have an extra $500 lying around? Nope, neither do I. But hypothetically, if you did, you could buy yourself a ticket to the swanky Canadian Arts & Fashion Awards Gala. Joe Zee will be hosting and nominees include Greta Constantine, Beaufille, Melissa Nepton, and the very talented Sid Neigum. Maybe one day Curated Style will be nominated for Fashion Blogger of the Year… a girl can dream!
Did you know that January is one of the best months for sales? Yup, anyone who has worked in retail can tell you that! Post-holiday is a quiet time of the year for shops, plus they need to make room for all the spring things! Coal Miner’s Daughter just send out an e-blast announcing their markdowns including 50% off all fall/winter coats, Matt & Nat are offering sweet discounts at their online shop, and Trove is putting on its final winter clearance at their Annex and Bloor West locations – go for their great shoe selection!
- Canadian Arts & Fashion Awards, Fairmount Royal York, January 31, 6pm
- film: Advanced Style, Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, till February 18
- exhibition: Burn With Desire: Photography and Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, January 21-April 5, 2015
- exhibition: Fashion Victims: The Pleasure and Perils of Dress in the 19th Century, Bata Shoe Museum, June 18, 2014 – June 30, 2016
- tour: exhibition tour of Burn with Desire and Anti-Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, February 4, 6pm
- exhibition: Good Beginnings: Children’s Hats and Clothing from China, Textile Museum, February 11 – May 24, 2015
- event: All That Glitters: Carole Tanenbaum Vintage Collection Jewelry Benefit, Ryerson Image Centre, March 23, 12-8pm
- tour: exhibition tour of Burn with Desire and Anti-Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, March 25, 6pm