Toronto fashion lovers, how are you keeping warm these days? If you want to beat the cold, it’s time to layer up. I’m talking sweaters over t-shirts, leggings under long skirts. Layering can also help you come up with awesome new outfits from your existing wardrobe. Try a fitted, long sleeved tee and tights under a dress. Belt an oversized wrap or cardigan over skinny pants tucked into boots. Sneak some nylons underneath ripped boyfriend jeans and pair it with a drapey sweater and a chunky necklace. Wrap up your new creation in your warmest coat and top it off with a hat, scarf, and mitts. And none of this sneaker/flats/loafers nonsense I’ve been seeing. It’s boots or nothing! Nothing ruins an outfit like cold, wet feet.
For days when you can’t bear to face the cold, there’s online shopping fun to be had! Preloved just announced their upcoming annual sample and warehouse sale, with prices as low as $5 and nothing over $70. It all starts Thursday and it’s exclusively online, so get ready to get clicking!
- tour: exhibition tour of Burn with Desire and Anti-Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, February 4, 6pm
- sale: Annual Virtual Sample & Warehouse Sale, Preloved website, begins February 5
- film: Advanced Style, Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, till February 18
- exhibition: Burn With Desire: Photography and Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, January 21-April 5, 2015
- exhibition: Fashion Victims: The Pleasure and Perils of Dress in the 19th Century, Bata Shoe Museum, June 18, 2014 – June 30, 2016
- exhibition: Good Beginnings: Children’s Hats and Clothing from China, Textile Museum, February 11 – May 24, 2015
- event: All That Glitters: Carole Tanenbaum Vintage Collection Jewelry Benefit, Ryerson Image Centre, March 23, 12-8pm
- tour: exhibition tour of Burn with Desire and Anti-Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, March 25, 6pm
- exhibition: Artist Textiles: From Picasso to Warhol, Textile Museum, May 2 – Oct 4, 2015