Things are picking up! It has been quiet for awhile on the local fashion scene, but slowly sales, lectures, and events have started to pop up. Does this mean spring is coming too? We can only hope!
This week, there are plenty of fun options! Get yourself out of the winter doldrums by picking up a pretty dress or cute accessory at Fresh Collective or Trove, both of whom are having sales. For style inspiration, check out the last screening of Advanced Style at Bloor Hot Docs this Wednesday. If money’s a bit tight, there’s a free talk at OCAD by Bradley Quinn who is a Fashion Strategist (yup, that’s a thing) and had written 15 (!) books on the future of fashion.
Keep warm, fashion lovers!
- sale: Designer Studio Clearance Sale, Fresh Collective Kensington Market, ongoing
- sale: Buy 2, Get 1 Free, Trove (all location excluding Danforth), ongoing while supplies last
- film: Advanced Style, Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, till February 18
- contest: Runway Royalty Contest, SheDoesTheCity website, till February 20 at 5pm
- market: Leslieville Flea, Fermenting Cellar (28 Distillery Lane), February 22, 10am-4pm
- talk: Bradley Quinn: “The Future of Fashion – New Technology, Advanced Textiles and Emerging Trends,” OCAD University, February 24, 6:30-7:30pm
- contest: #loveyourvogs contest, John Fluevog website, starting February 3
- exhibition: Fashioning Your Life: Wear Your Story, Design Exchange, February 10 – March 8
- exhibition: Burn With Desire: Photography and Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, January 21 – April 5, 2015
- exhibition: Good Beginnings: Children’s Hats and Clothing from China, Textile Museum, February 11 – May 24, 2015
- exhibition: Fashion Victims: The Pleasure and Perils of Dress in the 19th Century, Bata Shoe Museum, June 18, 2014 – June 30, 2016
- talk: Art + Fashion: Creative Intersections, Jackman Humanities Building (170 St. George St), February 27, 4:30-6:30pm
- tour: Good Beginnings Exhibition Tour with John Vollmer, Textile Museum, February 27, 6:30-8pm
- market: Leslieville Flea, Fermenting Cellar (28 Distillery Lane), March 22, 10am-4pm
- event: All That Glitters: Carole Tanenbaum Vintage Collection Jewelry Benefit, Ryerson Image Centre, March 23, 12-8pm
- tour: exhibition tour of Burn with Desire and Anti-Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, March 25, 6pm
- market: One of a Kind Spring Show and Sale, Direct Energy Centre, March 25 – 29
- market: Leslieville Flea, Fermenting Cellar (28 Distillery Lane), April 26, 10am-4pm
- exhibition: Artist Textiles: From Picasso to Warhol, Textile Museum, May 2 – Oct 4, 2015
- gala: TFI New Labels Fashion Show & Fundraiser, One King West, May 4