Last week, my Blackberry bit the dust. I’ve been faithful to my BB (it’s all about the keyboard), but really it was time for an upgrade. I’m now the proud owner of a new-to-me iPhone and, more importantly, am a newly minted Instagrammer! Yeah, yeah, #latetothegame. What can I say? I’m a late bloomer and the utter opposite of an Early Adopter. Which seems like an odd thing for a fashion blogger to say, but great style is about knowing who you are and expressing your individuality through your sartorial choices, rather than being first to wear the latest.
All this to say, you can now follow me, @jordashna, on Instagram! I’ll be posting snaps of my Toronto fashion adventures, like the one above from Spadina House, a lovely historic manor showcasing life in the 1920s and 1930s, including these gorgeous outfits. Fashion can be found everywhere!
Unfortunately, there’s a bit less fashion to be found in the event calendar this week, which makes it the perfect time to save up for the One of a Kind Show happening later this month! A little tip: if you want to save the admission ticket price, you can try winning them here and here!
- giveaway: 10 Pairs of Tickets to the One of a Kind Show, Haute blog, till March 17
- giveaway: One of a Kind & Etsy Prize Pack, One of a Kind Show website, till March 20
- contest: #loveyourvogs contest, John Fluevog website, till April 2
- exhibition: Burn With Desire: Photography and Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, January 21 – April 5, 2015
- exhibition: Good Beginnings: Children’s Hats and Clothing from China, Textile Museum, February 11 – May 24, 2015
- exhibition: Fashion Victims: The Pleasure and Perils of Dress in the 19th Century, Bata Shoe Museum, June 18, 2014 – June 30, 2016
- market: Leslieville Flea, Fermenting Cellar (28 Distillery Lane), March 22, 10am-4pm
- event: All That Glitters: Carole Tanenbaum Vintage Collection Jewelry Benefit, Ryerson Image Centre, March 23, 12-8pm
- event: World MasterCard Fashion Week, David Pecaut Square, March 23-27
- tour: exhibition tour of Burn with Desire and Anti-Glamour, Ryerson Image Centre, March 25, 6pm
- market: One of a Kind Spring Show and Sale, Direct Energy Centre, March 25 – 29
- show: Revolution 2015, Daniels Spectrum (585 Dundas St East), March 26, 6:30pm
- awards: Toronto Fashion Week Awards, Design Exchange, March 27, 9pm
- workshop: Statement Tote Bag with Linda Varekamp of Stitch & Spoke, Direct Energy Centre, March 29, 9am-11am
- event: Fashion Art Toronto Arts & Fashion Week, tba, April 21-25
- seminar: Chinese Garments from the TMC Collection, Textile Museum of Canada, April 22, 6:30pm
- market: Leslieville Flea, Fermenting Cellar (28 Distillery Lane), April 26, 10am-4pm
- exhibition: Standing Tall: The Curious History of Men in Heels, Bata Shoe Museum, opens May 8
- exhibition: Artist Textiles: From Picasso to Warhol, Textile Museum, May 2 – Oct 4, 2015
- gala: TFI New Labels Fashion Show & Fundraiser, One King West, May 4