If you’re the kind of person who loves finding unique pieces that no one else will be wearing, then this week is for you! It all begins on Wednesday with the GradEx MAAD sale, part of OCAD University’s 100th annual graduate exhibit festivities. Score handmade artsy textile works and jewellery while supporting young, emerging artists. On Thursday, bust out your walking shoes for the spring edition of Vintage Crawl Toronto. Vintage shops around downtown Toronto will be open till midnight! Grab a friend, plan your route, and follow the hastag #VCTO. During the fall 2014 VCTO, I found a gorgeous 1950s coat for $20. Preloved opens its pop-up shop the same day as VCTO, but you’ll want to check it out on Friday from 5-7pm for the added bonus of cocktails and cupcakes. Yum! The week wraps up with INLAND Spring 2015, a curated shopping event featuring 80 Canadian designers whose wares are made in Canada. It doesn’t get any more patriotic that that.
Happy hunting, fashion lovers!
- sale: The GradEx MAAD sale, OCAD University, April 29-May 3
- launch: Les Enfants Sauvages Launch Party, Coal Miner’s Daughter Annex (594 Markam St.), April 30, 6-9pm
- event: Vintage Crawl Toronto, various locations, April 30, 7pm-12am
- pop up: Preloved Spring Pop-Up Shop, 555 Parliament St, April 30-May 3
- event: Hack’n’Talk 2015: Fashion x Technology, Launch Zone (341 Yonge St), May 1-3
- exhibition: Artist Textiles: From Picasso to Warhol, Textile Museum of Canada, May 2 – Oct 4, 2015
- event: INLAND Spring 2015, 99 Sudbury St, May 2-3
- gala: TFI New Labels Fashion Show & Fundraiser, One King West, May 4, 8-11pm
- contest: Win 10 Years of Free Shoes, John Fluevog stores, ongoing until May 14
- exhibition: Good Beginnings: Children’s Hats and Clothing from China, Textile Museum, February 11 – May 24, 2015
- exhibition: Fashion Victims: The Pleasure and Perils of Dress in the 19th Century, Bata Shoe Museum, June 18, 2014 – June 30, 2016
- exhibition: Standing Tall: The Curious History of Men in Heels, Bata Shoe Museum, opens May 8
- event: Bata Shoe Museum Turns 20!, Bata Shoe Museum, May 9, 10am-4pm
- sale: More Than Just a Yardage, Textile Museum of Canada, May 29-30