Happy first week of June, style lovers! There’s a nice variety of fashion fun in the city this week! For the fashion academics, the Textile Museum will be presenting a lecture by Dr. Blake Gopnik, an art historian and critic, at Northrop Frye Hall. Dr. Gopnik will be speaking about Warhol’s connection to textiles, as an artist and collector. If you prefer a bit of pampering, ELLE Canada and Gap are teaming up for a free summer fashion event complete with outfit inspo, gourmet popsicles and a braid bar. Those looking to spend some dough might want to head to Fortnight’s Annual Studio Sale. With discounts of 50-70% off, this is an ideal opportunity to refresh your lingerie drawer with some made in Canada goodies. And if you’re looking to do a bit of good, Casa Lovina is hosting a pop up charity event. 10% of all proceeds will be going to the Nepal Earthquake Relief via Red Cross.
Have a great week!
- lecture: Andy Warhol and the Art of Textiles, Northrop Frye Hall (73 Queen’s Park Crescent), June 3, 6pm
- event: Styld.By Summer ’15 with ELLE Canada, Gap Bloor (60 Bloor St. West), June 4, 8-6pm
- sale: Fortnight’s Annual Studio Sale, Crown Flora Studio (1233 Queen St West), June 6, 10am-6pm
- pop up: Casa Lovina’s Pop-Up Charity, Casa Lovina (41 Ashdale Ave), June 7, 12-4pm
- exhibition: Artist Textiles: From Picasso to Warhol, Textile Museum of Canada, May 2 – Oct 4, 2015
- exhibition: Standing Tall: The Curious History of Men in Heels, Bata Shoe Museum, May 8, 2015 – May 2016
- exhibition: ¡Viva Mexico! Clothing and Culture, Royal Ontario Museum, May 9, 2015- May 23, 2016
- exhibition: Fashion Victims: The Pleasure and Perils of Dress in the 19th Century, Bata Shoe Museum, June 18, 2014 – June 30, 2016
- exhibition: Frida Kahlo: Through the Lens of Nickolas Muray, Textile Museum of Canada, June 10-September 7, 2015
- workshop: Make a Fascinator!, Spadina Museum, June 12, 7-10pm
- film: Dior and I, Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, June 12-18
- exhibition: All Hopped Up! A Celebration of Rockabilly & Hot Rod Culture, Black Cat Gallery (2186 Dundas West), June 18-24
- film: Iris, Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, June 27 – July 2