Fashion inspiration can come in so many forms. This evening, a few friends and I caught Dior and I at the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema and it was love! I just wanted to walk into the screen and inhabit the beautiful, haute couture world of the house of Christian Dior. I highly recommend the documentary, which runs till July 15; it’s lush, gorgeous, and warm, with surprisingly touching moments of humanity.
Some people like to look to other eras for their style inspiration. If you’re into the pin up and rockabilly look, I’d suggest heading down to the opening party for the photography exhibition All Hopped Up! A Celebration of Rockabilly & Hot Rod Culture. Local photographer Liisa Morton travelled North America, capturing images of the vintage style seen at rockabilly weekenders. The exhibition runs till June 24, so put on your best red lipstick, pin curl your hair, and get down to the Black Cat Gallery!
- opening: All Hopped Up! A Celebration of Rockabilly & Hot Rod Culture, Black Cat Gallery (2186 Dundas West), June 18, 7-10pm
- exhibition: All Hopped Up! A Celebration of Rockabilly & Hot Rod Culture, Black Cat Gallery (2186 Dundas West), June 18-24
- event: Wear Plaid for Dad, across Canada, June 19
- film: Dior and I, Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, June 12-July 15
- exhibition: Frida Kahlo: Through the Lens of Nickolas Muray, Textile Museum of Canada, June 10-September 7, 2015
- exhibition: Artist Textiles: From Picasso to Warhol, Textile Museum of Canada, May 2 – Oct 4, 2015
- exhibition: Standing Tall: The Curious History of Men in Heels, Bata Shoe Museum, May 8, 2015 – May 2016
- exhibition: ¡Viva Mexico! Clothing and Culture, Royal Ontario Museum, May 9, 2015- May 23, 2016
- exhibition: Fashion Victims: The Pleasure and Perils of Dress in the 19th Century, Bata Shoe Museum, June 18, 2014 – June 30, 2016