Last week, tickets to Spadina Museum’s wildly popular Gatsby Garden Party sold out in a hot minute. If you’re one of the lucky ones who nabbed tickets, you might want to sign up for their Make a Fascinator! workshop happening this Thursday. A fancy, handmade headpiece could be just the thing to make you all hotsy-totsy!
If the Roaring ’20s ain’t your thing, there are plenty of other events to choose from. The Textile Museum will be opening their Frida Kahlo exhibition, featuring 50 photographs of the artist highlighting her iconic, colourful style which included traditional Mexican dress. Local shop Coal Miner’s Daughter has recently unveiled their new logo and website and are hosting a soiree to celebrate. And with all this rainy weather, a movie might just be the thing. Bloor Hot Docs will be screening Dior and I for the next few weeks.
- opening: Opening Reception of Frida Kahlo: Through the Lens of Nickolas Muray, Textile Museum of Canada, June 10, 6:30pm
- exhibition: Frida Kahlo: Through the Lens of Nickolas Muray, Textile Museum of Canada, June 10-September 7, 2015
- event: Coal Miner’s Daughter Re-brand & Online Store Launch!, Coal Miner’s Daughter (594 Markham St.), June 11, 6-10pm
- workshop: Make a Fascinator!, Spadina Museum, June 12, 7-10pm
- film: Dior and I, Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, June 12-July 1
- exhibition: Artist Textiles: From Picasso to Warhol, Textile Museum of Canada, May 2 – Oct 4, 2015
- exhibition: Standing Tall: The Curious History of Men in Heels, Bata Shoe Museum, May 8, 2015 – May 2016
- exhibition: ¡Viva Mexico! Clothing and Culture, Royal Ontario Museum, May 9, 2015- May 23, 2016
- exhibition: Fashion Victims: The Pleasure and Perils of Dress in the 19th Century, Bata Shoe Museum, June 18, 2014 – June 30, 2016
- exhibition: All Hopped Up! A Celebration of Rockabilly & Hot Rod Culture, Black Cat Gallery (2186 Dundas West), June 18-24
- event: Trek for Teens Fashion Show & Gala 2015, Hart House, June 26, 8pm
- film: Iris, Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, June 27 – July 2